Recipe by ccoates67
These are incredibly chewy cookies!
Top Review by kendall603
I'm so curious if there was a forgotten ingredient... or if this is just a really strange recipe. There is no liquid and the batter is just way too dry. I was tempted to add oil or butter, but decided I'd try it as-is first. I thought it wasn't going to work at all, but they do squish up into balls (the cream cheese and PB make it stick together) and they taste alright. But if I make this again, I'll play around with adding some sort of fat/liquid. The good news was: they did the trick for my 3 year old who was requesting a baking project that involved chocolate!
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place all ingredients in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat on medium speed for an additional 2 minutes.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Flatten each ball in criss cross pattern with tines of a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges of cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.