Recipe by karen
This recipe is on the cover of the the 1998 Pillsbury Bake-off Quick & Easy cookbook. It looks really good, and though I haven't tried it, I plan to make it soon. The original recipe called for milk chocolate chips, but I like semi-sweet much better so I switched them in the recipe. I also plan to use chopped nuts on top rather than pecan halves as a garnish on top.
- 18 ounces refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread cookie dough on the bottom and sides of an ungreased deep dish pie dish. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes.
- While crust is cooling, combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and water in a medium bowl. If needed, add additional water 1 tsp at a time until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread peanut butter mixture over cooled cookie crust.
- Melt chocolate chips by microwaving for 30 seconds, then stirring. Repeat by stirring every 30 seconds until chips are melted, being careful not to overheat them. Once they are partially melted, stirring them well should finish it off.
- Spread melted chocolate over peanut butter mixture. Cover with chopped nuts.
- Refrigerator 1 hour or until chocolate is set.