Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Cookie swap time.
- 18 ounces refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, with walnut
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 24 pecan halves, if desired
- Heat oven to 350*. Cut cookie dough in half crosswise. Cut each section in half lengthwise. With floured fingers, press dough in bottom of ungreased 9 inch square pan. Bake for 16 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter and water; mix well. (If necessary, add additional water 1 teaspoon at a time until mixture is smooth.) Drop spoonfuls of mixture over baked cookie crust; press evenly to cover crust.
- Spread melted chocolate chips over peanut butter mixture. If desired, carefully swirl chocolate with fork. Garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Cut into bars.