Recipe by Chef SuzyQ
I found this recipe one day on a food blog and was immediately drawn to the combination of sweet and salty. It didn't disappoint! Very, very yummy and an immediate hit with my kids. The texture of soft cookie (do NOT overbake), along with the crunch of the pretzel sends this right on over the top. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup pretzel, coarsely crushed
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- On low speed, slowly add the beaten egg and vanilla extract. Beat to combine, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until there are no more streaks of flour.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and preztels (you should have about 1/2 cup of coarsely crushed pretzels) . Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out well rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Leave about 2 inches between each ball. Press down slightly. Bake for 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing.