Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made these at Christmas time of last year to put onto my cookies trays for co-workers and family - they have since become a favorite! Who can beat the combo of chocolate and peanut butter together?
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup margarine (I use margarine) or 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (I use margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, margarine, shortening, vanilla and eggs in large bowl (I use electric beater).
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt (mixture will be very thick).
- Stir in peanut butter chips and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 11-12 minutes minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly on sheets; remove from cookie sheets and finish cooling on wire racks.
I see this recipe was posted way back in 2005 - I just found it in 2013 - and it was a terrific find. I added a few more nuts, personal preference, but this is our current fav. Yummy!
Thanks so much for this great recipe. My 5yr old and I made these just now and they are soooo good. I followed the recipe and didnt make any changes. These are our new favorite cookie. Thanks again.