Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 50 mins
From the Love and Olive Oil blog; posted here for safekeeping.... sounds absolutely amazing! Prep time includes 2 hours cooling time in refrigerator.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 8 ounces or 35 cookies)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan or spray with nonstick spray. Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into prepared pan. Place pan on a cookie sheet (to prevent any butter from leaking onto your oven floor) and bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water (the bowl should sit over, but not touch the water). Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, followed by vanilla and salt. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- Spread peanut butter in an even layer in the bottom of the cooled crust. Pour in filling and bake (again setting the pan on a cookie sheet) for 40 to 50 minutes or until the pie is set and shiny on top, but still slightly jiggly in the center. Let cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 2 hours until fully set. Slice and serve with freshly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.