Recipe by Lvs2Cook
What could be better than chocolate and peanut butter? This recipe takes some time to make because of the chilling involved so it is best to make one day ahead.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the crumbs, 1 tbsp sugar and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Press over bottom and up the side of a greased, 9-inch springform pan.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese, 1 1/2 c sugar, peanut butter, eggs, 1/2 cup sour cream and lemon juice in a food process and process until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the center is firm.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Beat 1 cup sour cream, 3/4 cup melted chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup sugar in a mixer bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Spread over the top of the warm cheesecake.
- Return the cheesecake to the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Chill for 3 hours before removing the side of the pan.