Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Does this sound neat or what? Very rich 8)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped honey roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies, crumbled
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar and baking powder.
- Add the milk, oil and vanilla extract; whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into ungreased 1 quart casserole; set aside.
- In bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cocoa.
- Gradually stir in boiling water.
- Pour mixture over batter in dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick in cake portion comes out clean.
- Remove and sprinkle with peanuts and graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.