3 hrs 55 mins
3 hrs 5 mins
This is sheer decadence that's awesome! My nurse, Barbara Polynice had a big Thanksgiving Dinner Party and these were served. There was a large array of desserts but this one was the favorite. Cooking Light, December 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cake flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 (1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate square
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups cake flour (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Nestle milk chocolate and peanut butter swirled morsels
- 2 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2TO PREPARE CAKE:.
- 3Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; line bottoms of pans with wax paper.
- 4Lightly coat wax paper with cooking spray; dust pans with 1 tablespoon flour; shake out any excess.
- 5Combine cocoa, 1/2 cup boiling water, and 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate in a small bowl, stirring until smooth; cool.
- 6Place 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, and 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended.
- 7Add egg substitute; beat well.
- 8Lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- 9Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
- 10Combine buttermilk, sour cream, and 2 teaspoons vanilla, stirring well.
- 11Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 12Stir in cocoa mixture.
- 13Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- 14Sharply tap pans once on counter to remove air bubbles.
- 15Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 16Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- 17Remove wax paper; discard.
- 18Cool cakes completely on wire racks.
- 19TO PREPARE FILLING:.
- 20Place chips in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds.
- 21Cool slightly.
- 22Fold 1/4 cup whipped topping into melted chips.
- 23Repeat procedure 7 times with remaining whipped topping.
- 24Chill 1 hour.
- 25TO PREPARE GANACHE:.
- 26Combine 2/3 cup granulated sugar and all ingredients, except vanilla extract, in a medium saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil.
- 27Cook 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves and chocolate melts, stirring constantly.
- 28Remove from heat.
- 29Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla; cool completely.
- 30Chill 30 minutes or until thick.
- 32Place 1 cake layer on a plate; top with filling, spreading out to edges.
- 33Place remaining cake layer on filling.
- 34Spread ganache evenly over top of cake; let drip down sides.
- 35Sprinkle with ground peanuts.
- 36Chill 20 minutes or until set.
- 37Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake With Bittersweet Ganache
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 232.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bittersweet chocolate squares
Nestle milk chocolate and peanut butter swirled morsels
bittersweet chocolate squares