Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Rich. That is all I can say.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 baby ruth candy bars, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 large egg yolks
- PREHEAT oven to 350° Lightly grease and flour 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- PREPARE cake mix batter according to package directions, adding peanut butter before mixing.Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- PLACE chopped Baby Ruth and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until Baby Ruth is melted.
- Combine evaporated milk, sugar, coconut, peanuts and egg yolks in medium bowl.
- Add to Baby Ruth mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes; stir.
- FROST cake with Baby Ruth frosting.
- Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.