Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Taste of Tennessee. Delicious recipes with a Tennessee flavor.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 10 ounces peanut butter morsels
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- chopped roasted peanuts (to garnish)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine 2/3 cup whipping cream and peanut butter morsels in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly until morsels melt and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in extract.
- Cool 25 minutes.
- Beat remaining 1 1/3 cups whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Stir 1/3 of whipped cream into peanut butter mixture.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Bring remaining 1/2 cup of whipping cream and 1 tablespoon of butter to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add chocolate morsels, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir until morsels melt and mixture is smooth.
- Cut cooled cake into cubes.
- Layer 8 parfait glasses evenly with two-thirds peanut butter mixture, cake cubes, and half of the chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve chilled.