1 hr 20 mins
Mrs. Hughes's Note:
From Taste of Tennessee. Delicious recipes with a Tennessee flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 10 ounces peanut butter morsels
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- chopped roasted peanuts (to garnish)
- 1Prepare cake mix according to package directions and cool completely.
- 2Meanwhile, combine 2/3 cup whipping cream and peanut butter morsels in a small saucepan over low heat.
- 3Cook, stirring constantly until morsels melt and mixture is smooth.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in extract.
- 5Cool 25 minutes.
- 6Beat remaining 1 1/3 cups whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- 7Stir 1/3 of whipped cream into peanut butter mixture.
- 8Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- 9Bring remaining 1/2 cup of whipping cream and 1 tablespoon of butter to a boil in a small saucepan.
- 10Add chocolate morsels, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- 11Stir until morsels melt and mixture is smooth.
- 12Cut cooled cake into cubes.
- 13Layer 8 parfait glasses evenly with two-thirds peanut butter mixture, cake cubes, and half of the chocolate mixture.
- 14Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 942.8
- Calories from Fat 589
- Total Fat 65.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 185.5 mg
- Sodium 688.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 49.2 g
- Protein 15.0 g