1 hr 20 mins
Emeril Lagasse from Every Day's A Party Cookbook, 2001. Emeril says these bundt cakes with Chocolate Glaze are like "mini versions of heaven, filled with chocolate and peanut butter." The mini bundt pans used for this recipe are fun beacause they make perfect individual servings, and then there is no need for sharing. Time for prep/baking doesn't allow for cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, extratct
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Mixed Berry Coulis drizzled on plate on which you place cake
Simple Syrup use 3/4 cup
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Grease 12 individual 1 cup bundt pans with 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- 3Into small mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, cream together the remaining butter and the granulated sugar using an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment set on medium speed.
- 5Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Add the melted chocolate and vanilla and beat to mix.
- 7Add the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, alternating with the 1 cup milk, beating until everything is incorporated.
- 8Fill each tin with 1/4 cup of the batter.
- 9Place some of the peanut butter chips in the center of the batter in each cup, then pour in remaining bater to fill the tins.
- 10Bake until the cakes set, 18-20 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and let cool in pans for 5 minutes, on wire racks, then flip out of tins and cool 5 minutes more.
- 13In a small mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar and as much of the remaining milk as needed to whisk into a smooth glaze.
- 14Set the cakes on wire rack and spoon equal amounts of the glaze over them.
- 15Allow to cool before serving.
- 16Mixed Berry Coulis:.
- 17Bring the berries, syrup and lemon juice to a simmer in a heavy-medium, saucepan over low heat. Simmer stirring occasionally, until the berries are very soft, about 10 minutes.
- 18Sprinkle the cornstarch over 2 teaspoons cold water and stir to dissolve.
- 19Pour into simmering raspberry mixture, Cook stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- 20Strain through a fine-wire mesh sieve into medium bowl; discard the seeds.
- 21Cool completely and then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (Freeze leftover coulis in a plastic container for up to 1 month).
- 22Simple Syrup:.
- 23Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium heavy saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, stiring until the sugar is completely dissolved 6-8 minutes.
- 24Let cool completely.
- 25Transfer to airtight container. Refrigerate until completely chilled at least 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bundt Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.7
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 249.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 98.6 g
- Protein 11.5 g