Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A new twist for brownies. Easy and delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup mini marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of 9x13x2" pan.
- Combine all ingredients (except mini marshmallows) into a large bowl.
- Beat with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Stir in mini-marshmallows (batter will be quite thick) Spoon into greased pan, spread to level batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out barely moist.
- Do not overbake!
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
We made these brownies just like the recipe, the flavor is ok nothing outstanding. The texture is somewhat oily due to peanut butter I am sure. I think they should be made in smaller pan they were to thin in a 9x13. I guess they just weren't one of my favorites but others may disagree.
I also made these with the two halves. They didn't end up quite as cool looking. Next time I think that I'll make these in a 9x9 pan instead. The brownies turned out pretty thin. They work great for sundays!! They're soft but still kinda crumble and mix well with the ice cream. I poured on homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter. YUMMY!!!
I rarely do baking but had a friend coming over that loves Peanut Butter & Chocolate SOoo what better recipe. I did not use the marshmellows and split the batter in two adding the Peanut butter to one half and the cocoa to the other, then poured both in simultaneously to let the two colors settle however they wanted. They disappeared very quickly with lovely OOOhs and MMmmm Thanks Renegade for making my rare venture into baking a success!