Recipe by Seasoned Cook
The BEST blend for a bar cookie!! Chocolate and peanut butter reminds everyone of Reese Cup Candy. This layered brownie recipe was a hit at our annual family reunion - they emptied the plate!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe for the " Winter Comfort Cafe 2010 " event. There were a few problems with the peanut butter layer part of this recipe.I used a generic peanut butter,so that could have been part of the problem. Then to get it to be able to spread I needed to add about 3 to 4 Tablespoons of milk. After reading Karamia's review I decided to add almost two teaspoons of sugar to the peanut butter mixture. But other than that, I stuck to the recipe. Both my SO and I thought " How can you go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter ? " And we were right, there was a very good taste to these brownies. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 (17 5/8 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- frosting (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare brownie mix according to instructions on box. Pour one-half of mixture into a greased 7 x 11 baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients for peanut butter layer. Spoon mixture evenly over one-half of brownie mixture forming a layer. (If mixture is too thick to spread, add one tablespoon of milk.).
- Pour remaining brownie mix batter over and spread evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- For Optional frosting: Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave just until almost melted. Remove and immediately spread on top of brownies. Place in refrigerator for quicker cooling before cutting into bars.