Prep 0 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Another family favorite. These taste great and travel well to potlucks and in lunch boxes. USA treat that I've been making in Indiana :) (Edited to include where to add the eggs and vanilla - thanks to Lavender Lynn:)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate squares; set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl cream together sugar, peanut butter and butter.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Pat 1/3 of the dough into an ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Place 1/3 of the dough into a separate bowl and stir in the melted chocolate and 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- In random pattern, drop remaining chocolate and peanut butter doughs over the bottom layer; pat down.
- Sprinkle with remaining chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool; cut into 24 bars.
These are very delicious. There are very good peanutbutter and chocolate flavors. If you like those flavors together, these are the brownies for you. I made as per the recipe but when you add eggs and vanilla is not in the directions. I added with the sugar and butter. Made for Market game 07