Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe I adapted from a much longer version, these are really good and can be made in small tart pans or in regular cupcake pans. I make them tiny for Christmas and larger for a family dessert. They make a great cookie tray addition.
- 1 (18 ounce) packageduncan hines brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light Karo syrup
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light Karo syrup
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, finely chopped
- Mix the brownie mix, eggs, water and oil by hand. Line pans with tart or cupcake liners and fill using 1 tablespoon in the mini pans and 2 tablespoons in the cupcake pans. Bake at 350*, 10-12 minutes for mini's and 15-20 for cupcakes. Cool. Prepare toppings.
- #1-Bring sugar and syrup to a boil, stir in the peanut butter and drop by spoonfuls on top of the brownies. Cool till set.
- #2-Heat the chips, butter and syrup till well melted. Spoon over the peanut butter layer allowing both colors to show. Garnish with the chopped peanuts if desired.
- Allow to cool and the chocolate to 'set' before packing. These freeze well.