Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy kid friendly recipe!
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 10 tablespoons butter or 10 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 12 ounces milk chocolate or 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Have ready a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Mix the powdered sugar, cracker crumbs, peanut butter and butter in a medium size bowl until blended.
- Turn mixture into an ungreased baking pan and press into an even layer.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the top.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours until the chocolate is firm.
- Let stand at room temperature, 15 to 20 minutes before cutting into bars.
I buttered my pan lightly and dusted it lightly with flour, and then, as it cooled, slid around the outside edges with a paring knife, and had no trouble cutting and removing bars later.... It was FABULOUS... And I used bittersweet gourmet chocolate chips on top, tasted like a real Reese's when I got done... Lasted about half a day. For three people!
I've been making this recipe for years but I melt the choclate and mix it together with the peanut butter, butter and suger and I use rice krispies instead of the cookie crumbs try it it's very crunchy.
These are delicious, and sooo easy. I brought them to a barbecue and they were eaten right up. I will definitely be making these again!