Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These delicious cookies always make my annual Christmas baking list. They are the best cookie recipe my mom ever gave to me. Try this, and you'll agree--these are easy and addicting. UPDATE: notice that I fixed the pan size--these will fit in a square baking pan).
- 118.29 ml Crisco
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml water
- 295.73 ml flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 340.19 g semisweet chocolate morsels
- 118.29 ml salted peanuts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a square baking pan (8 x 8).
- Mix Crisco, peanut butter, both sugars and egg thoroughly. (spray cooking spray in your measuring cups before you add Crisco and peanut butter for an easier clean up).
- Stir in water, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in HALF of the chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle remaining 6 oz. chocolate chips over top. cover with a cookie sheet so that they melt.
- spread softened morsels over the top. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let sit about 15 minutes.
- Cut into 2x1" bars.
Wonderful! Chocolate and peanut butter are a winning combination. Made for Football Tag game 2013.
Potluck Tag - I made this for the Chocolate Lover's Party. OUTSTANDING!! Can't go wrong with Chocolate and Peanut Butter!
Definitely a 5-STAR cookie bar. I loved the flavor as well as the chewy center. Very tasty as my DD says! Thanks for posting!!!