Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We all loved this one! It has the texture of a brownie, but the taste of a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. My kids both helped me make it and eat it!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips or 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixer bowl, beat the peanut butter and butter until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla, and beat until creamy. Blend in the flour and salt. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and spread into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
- Immediately sprinkle the remaining morsels over the cookie layer. Either let sit 5 minutes, or put back in the oven for 1 minute, until the morsels become shiny and soft. Spread the rest of the chocolate chips evenly over the top. Cool completely and serve. Enjoy!
I loved how easy this recipe is. It has now replaced my dry "peanut butter bar " recipe. Thanks
this was good. very dense dough that didnt really move when cooked so i used a smaller pan and i am glad or i think they would have been very flat. i used crunchy pb and i loved the peanut peices. i also cooked mine for 25 min but should have taken it out at 20. i skipped the icing as there were enough chips inside and less messy. also these are quite a bit better the second day!.
Everybody ate it up, but it's extremely rich!! A little goes a long way - loved the "frosting" - great idea, and easy too - thanks