Recipe by Divalicious *808*
My husband loves those peanut butter cups, these are much better! Make these once and they will be requested all the time.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter (can use creamy, but the chunky adds texture to the bars)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Melt 1 cup chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat, blending well. Beat sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl. Blend in chocolate.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add to chocolate mixture; mix well. Stir in chunky peanut butter. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Melt remaining chips with 1 teaspoons oil, stirring continually, in a small saucepan over low heat; set aside. Melt creamy peanut butter, stirring, in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Spread melted chocolate over baked layer. Drizzle melted peanut butter over chocolate; swirl with tip of knife. Chill until firm. Cut into bars.