Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A FAMILY FAVORITE that is requested by my relatives each winter. They are pretty in gift boxes and are easy to make. Nothing is better than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter! Yield depends on size of ball you make.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Add peanut butter and vanilla to melted butter. Mix well.
- In a large bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, coconut and pecans. Blend in peanut butter mixture.
- Form by hand in 1 inch balls the size of a quarter.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a double boiler. Stir as chips begin to melt and keep on low heat. Use a toothpick to dip each ball into chocolate.
- Place on a sheet of wax paper and allow to dry. (I use wax paper on a cookie sheet and place balls in refrigerator to cool quickly.) Store in air-tight container. We like them kept cool in the refrigerator.
- Note: Chocolate almond bark squares may be used instead of chips.
YUM! I seen the photos in the photo forum and knew right than that I had to make these. I had a little bit of trouble with melting the chocolate to get it creamy so I added more butter. I also let the peanut butter mixture cool before I made them into the balls. I made these to share at our Christmas party this coming weekend. I am sure they'll go fast :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!