1 hr 40 mins
La Tara's Note:
Here's the recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Bagels. They're easier than you think. This recipe was slightly modified from a peanut-butter bagel recipe from the "have cake, will travel" blog Original recipe here: <http://havecakewilltravel.com/2007/09/13/peanut-butter-bagels/comment-page-1/#comment-7590>
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using bread machine, place everything in the pan following manufacturer’s instructions. [For my machine, that means putting in the wet: peanut butter, chocolate chips, water; then the dry (flour, salt, sugar) directly on top, so that there is an island on top of the water. Make an indentation on the side of the flour with your finger and pour the yeast into this indentation so that it isn't touching any of the wet ingredients]
- 2Then start machine on DOUGH setting. If not using bread machine: follow these instructions up to the first rise: <http://havecakewilltravel.com/2007/08/16/wanna-make-bread-from-a-bread-machine-recipe-but-dont-have-one/>.
- 3Once dough has doubled in size / bread machine is done with the cycle, grab dough and cut in 4 equal pieces that you quickly shape into rounds.
- 4Let rest until the indentation created with your finger slowly climbs back into place, about 10-15 minutes.
- 5Cut each piece into two, roll into a ball. flatten with your palm, insert your thumb in the center of it, and twirl dough around it until the hole reaches about 1 1/2 inches in size.
- 6Let bagels rest for 5 minutes.
- 7In the meantime, bring water in a medium saucepan to a boil.
- 8preheat oven to 400°F prepare a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 9Once the bagels have rested, place 2 bagels at a time and let boil for 1 minute in all, turning them around after 30 seconds, and trying to avoid having them touch. they should sink, then rise after a few seconds. don’t worry if they don’t sink, it’ll work out just fine.
- 10Scoop out bagels with a slotted spoon. place on cookie sheet. repeat until all bagels have been boiled.
- 11Bake your bagels for about 20 minutes, one sheet at a time. You can tell your bagels are done by their rich golden brown color and hollow sound when bottom is tapped.
- 12Cool on a cookie rack.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Bagels
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 297.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 8.9 g