1/3 Photos of Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Cake (Aka: Elvis Cake)
Elvis was famous for loving peanut butter and banana sandwiches. We were married on his birthday, so this creation is in his honor. Chocolate added for Buddha and well,... Bird's just nutty! :) Great with a tall glass of cold milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Peanut Butter banana Frosting
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml water (more if needed)
- 2 large eggs
- 29.58 ml cocoa powder
- 531.55 g package devil's food cake mix (without pudding)
- 118.29 ml chopped peanuts
- 29.58 ml peanuts, chopped medium fine
- dried banana pieces
- 1FROSTING: With an electric mixer beat together the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Slowly mix/beat in the powdered sugar and milk until frosting reaches a spreadable consistency. Add mashed banana and mix thoroughly (it's okay if it has small lumps of banana in it. Chill until needed.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 2 9" round pie pans with bakers ease (or grease and flour pans). Set aside.
- 3CAKE: In a medium bowl and with an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, sliced banana, oil and water together on medium speed until mostly smooth or only a few very small pieces of banana are visible. On low speed beat in the egg, cocoa powder and the cake mix. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 1 minute or until batter is well blended, adding more water if needed (batter will be thick). If using, gently fold in peanuts.
- 4Spoon an equal amount of batter into each round, Bake on center rack for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of cakes comes out clean. Cool on rack.
- 5Remove frosting from fridge while cake is cooling. Frost cake when ready. Sprinkle the top and/or sides with an even amount of the chopped peanuts. Garnish the top of with a dried banana chip for each slice. Refrigerate until serving. Note, you can also make cupcakes or a sheetcake if you choose. Keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Cake (Aka: Elvis Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.1
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 507.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 10.2 g