Recipe by Annacia
It's easy to make your own gourmet chocolate peanut butter at home. Put it in a fancy jar, and it's great for gifts, bake sales, or fund-raisers.
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate chips in a double-boiler or in the microwave until smooth. Take care not to scorch the chocolate.
- Let cool until barely warm, but still liquid.
- Scrape melted chocolate into a large bowl. Add peanut butter, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Mix instant coffee with hot water until completely dissolved.
- Add coffee to the chocolate peanut butter mixture until combined.
- Spoon into glass jars with tight seals.
- Serve as a spread with cookies, crackers, or toast or use as a filling for cakes.