Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's easy to make your own gourmet chocolate peanut butter at home. Put it in a fancy jar, and it's great for gifts, bake sales, or fund-raisers.
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- Melt chocolate chips in a double-boiler or in the microwave until smooth. Take care not to scorch the chocolate.
- Let cool until barely warm, but still liquid.
- Scrape melted chocolate into a large bowl. Add peanut butter, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Mix instant coffee with hot water until completely dissolved.
- Add coffee to the chocolate peanut butter mixture until combined.
- Spoon into glass jars with tight seals.
- Serve as a spread with cookies, crackers, or toast or use as a filling for cakes.
I didn't add the coffee as I was making it to put on toast for my kids in the morning. We really liked it sort of as a substitution for Nutella. It was a hit.
This is a really nice dip/spread that we made a half batch as directed. This is easy to make and really creamy! We will definitely make this again, but omit the coffee part next time. This is really good on saltines (habit forming)! and would be great as an icing, or warmed and served over ice cream too. Thanks for posting. :)