Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a traditional peanut brittle recipe only with cocoa mixed in it for a rich chocolate taste 8)
- Lightly butter cookie sheet and set aside for now.
- In small bowl, stir the cocoa and baking soda, then the butter; set aside.
- In heavy 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and whipping cream, stirring to combine.
- Cook over medium heat. Keep stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the peanuts and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches 300° or when syrup dropped into very cold water separates to threads that are hard and brittle (of course, make sure the bulb on the candy thermometer is not resting on bottom of the pan when used).
- Remove from heat and stir in cocoa mixture.
- Immediately pour onto the buttered cookie sheet.
- With tongs or wooden spoons, quickly spread and pull into a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Put cookie sheet on a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the brittle is cool, break into pieces.