Recipe by Fauve
An appealing tri-level bar desert: chocolate, creamy and crunchy. Easy to prepare, but a winningly indulgent treat for all. (Preparation time does not include the extra time involved in chilling)
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 3/4 cup butter and 2 ozs.
- chocolate squares in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir intermittently until melted and blended well.
- Stir in crumbs, coconut and peanuts.
- Press onto bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla till well blended.
- Spread over crust, chill 30 minutes.
- In another saucepan, melt remaining margarine and chocolate squares.
- Stir till blended.
- Spread this over cream cheese layer.
- Chill until set; cut into squares.