Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great recipe from Southern Living for all you chocolate-peanut lovers like me.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (about 45 cookies)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter on medium speed until blended.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla wafer crumbs and beat until blended.
- Press the mixture evenly into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan, lightly greased and lined with wax paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, mix the chocolate chips and whipping cream until melted and smooth.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture and chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing into bars and serving.