Recipe by Aroostook
A co-worker gave this recipe to me for an upcoming baby shower dessert. Can hardly wait to taste it!
Top Review by windywood
Yahoooo! This is so divine and rich! I took Sanddunes suggestion and served with a scoop of raspberry sorbet! Just perfect with a bed of raspberry syrup! I'm serving it for Oscar Nite this year!
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream, garnish
- raspberry jelly or currant jelly
- raspberries (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Combine 1/4 cup cream with egg yolk; set aside.
- Combine chocolate, corn syrup and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream mixture to saucepan.
- Cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream with vanilla in a small mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Use a rubber scraper to gently mix the chocolate into the whipped cream.
- Pour into pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight or freeze 3 hours.
- Spoon some warmed raspberry jelly on a dessert plate (optional).
- Place a slice of chocolate pate on plate.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
- Makes 10 servings.