Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
A co-worker gave this recipe to me for an upcoming baby shower dessert. Can hardly wait to taste it!
- Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Combine 1/4 cup cream with egg yolk; set aside.
- Combine chocolate, corn syrup and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream mixture to saucepan.
- Cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream with vanilla in a small mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Use a rubber scraper to gently mix the chocolate into the whipped cream.
- Pour into pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight or freeze 3 hours.
- Spoon some warmed raspberry jelly on a dessert plate (optional).
- Place a slice of chocolate pate on plate.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
- Makes 10 servings.
Yahoooo! This is so divine and rich! I took Sanddunes suggestion and served with a scoop of raspberry sorbet! Just perfect with a bed of raspberry syrup! I'm serving it for Oscar Nite this year!
Thank you AROOSTOOK! After this dessert, did everyone at the baby shower just sit there contentedly smiling as we did? Only three simple steps and every chocolate lover's dream comes true! The slices are wonderfully chocolate-lush, soft and creamy. (We served it with a small scoop of raspberry sorbet on the side.)