Recipe by TPubmgjbd
This is an elegant, rich dessert that is made ahead of time. The walnuts are easily ground in the food processor. Just be careful not to ground them into walnut butter. The actual preparation time is about 15 to 20 minutes but this does need to chill overnight.
- 2 (4 ounce) packages German sweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely ground walnuts
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8x4x3-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap; set aside.
- Combine chocolate and butter in small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture melts.
- Add rum and coffee granules, stirring until coffee dissolves.
- Stir 1/4 of the hot mixture into the beaten eggs; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook over low heat until thickened.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Stir in walnuts; fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Chill overnight.
- Turne pate' onto serving platter.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate curls.