Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is definitely a special dessert. Patè of chocolate? YUM!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups ocean spray jellied cranberry sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ocean spray cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream, garnish
- TO MAKE CRANBERRY COULIS:
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Chill. Makes 1 3/4 cups.
- TO MAKE PATE:.
- Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Combine 1/4 cup cream with egg yolk; set aside.
- Combine chocolate, corn syrup and butter or margarine in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Add cream mixture to saucepan.
- Cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream with vanilla in a small mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Use a rubber scraper to gently mix the chocolate into the whipped cream.
- Pour into pan. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight or freeze 3 hours.
- Spoon some Cranberry Coulis on a dessert plate.
- Place a slice of Chocolate Pate on plate. Garnish with whipped cream.