Recipe by MrsKnox2016
One of my favorite recipes from Mom! Super simple chocolate filling scooped into pastry cups, topped with whipped cream and served chilled. Truly a dessert for ANYONE at ANY AGE! (Variations included)
Top Review by ladypit
Fabulous! Pepperidge Farms outlet had the little puff pastry shells on sale for $1 so I bought a bunch and stocked up! I baked them yesterday but instead of chocolate, put lemon pudding inside. We served them with cool-whip and blueberries for a nice fresh tasting dessert. thanks!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pastry cups according to package directions. Remove from pan and let cool.
- When cooled, remove circular "tops" with a fork and save. Remove enough "top" so that 3/4 of the cup is hollow.
- Spoon chocolate pudding into the cup just until it's level with the rim.
- Place in fridge loosely covered until serving.
- Serve with a scoop of whipped topping on top.
- **This is just as good prepared with lowfat/fat free products.
- **For a fruit cup, mix 1 block cream cheese, with 1/2 cup whipped topping and powdered sugar to taste. Place two tablespoons mixture into cup, then top with sliced fresh fruit of your choice. Melt 1/4 cup of your favorite jam and drizzle entire cup with melted jam.
- **For the chef only: since you made them, you get to eat the best part -- the "tops"! Use them to scoop up the extra pudding!