Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from various recipes found online to make a lighter dish.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
Parmesan Pasta Sauce
- 4 tablespoons light butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- For the Chocolate Pasta:.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together and knead in the eggs and olive oil for 15 minutes. Rest for another fifteen minutes then roll and cut in a pasta machine. Heat up a pot of lightly salted water and boil pasta until al dente.
- For the Parmesan Pasta Sauce:.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add flour as for a cream sauce. Stir for 1 minute and then add milk. Heat and whisk until sauce thickens slightly. Add parmesan cheese and salt to taste. Serve immediately.
We made just the chocolate pasta and improvised a smoked paprika tomato sauce to go with. The pasta has a lovely, earthy taste that stands up well to a spicy/smoky sauce. I might also try this as wide noodles to go under mushroom gravy. Thanks for the recipe!
we made both the pasta and the sauce. Weren't sure about the combination, but it actually turned out really well! We lovve the fact that you can make a savory pasta dish with chocolate pasta. The combination of the sauce and pasta works really well. Great recipe!
Loved the Parmesan Pasta Sauce. I didn't make the chocolate pasta just the sauce. I used real butter and 2% milk and it came out so good. My husband loved it too. Definitely a keeper.