Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
This is a lovely tea cake that will keep for 2 weeks in an airtight tin. A great mixture of flavours.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped roasted macadamias
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 passion fruit, pulp of
- 125 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease and line a 7- cup capacity loaf tin.
- Combine flour, macadamias, coconut and sugar in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Add passionfruit pulp, cooled butter and eggs.
- Stir until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in a preheated, moderate 180C oven for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
- Leave for 15 minutes in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- This keeps for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container in a cool place.