Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
YUMMY. A favourite and oh so addictive. Posting here for safekeeping. Makes a great holiday gift. Servings are a guess!
- 7 1⁄2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 cups pretzels (small, stick kind)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted cashews, broken in half-pieces
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, pretzels (broken into bite-sized pieces), and cashews (also broken into pieces). Set aside.
- Over a double broiler, or on very low heat, carefully melt chocolate chips and oil in a medium saucepan.
- Once smooth, remove from heat.
- Pour melted chocolate into cereal mixture. Mix until evenly coated.
- Spread out on waxed-paper lined baking sheets.
- Let cool in freezer or fridge until chocolate has hardened.
- Break into chunks, and serve.
This is sooooo good! I teach school and have a classroom of wonderful students with cognitive impairments. We vote on which recipe we want to use for our once a month cooking. This was the November recipe, though we substituted raisins for the cashews (since we can't use nuts). We doubled this and made 3 large pans. We all loved it and it was super easy. Thanks!
Made this up for my other half to take (most of it, anyway) as a treat at work, & co-workers were asking for the recipe, so that goes to the rating! I think IT'S GREAT & will be making it again for one of thje monthly meetings I host! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef]