Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
A yummy treat for breakfast or dessert. So simple. From Coup de Pouce
Make and share this Chocolate Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 slices bread, thick
- icing sugar
- Brush butter on one side of the slices of bread. On a work surface, put 4 slices of bread, buttered-side down, and sprinkle with chocolate up to 1/4 inch from the crust. Cover with remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up.
- In a large striped pan or non-stick skillet, cook sandwiches at medium-low heat, 2 at the same time, 6 to 8 minutes or until chocolate has melted and the bread is golden (press them with a spatula and flip at mid-cooking). Cook remaining sandwiches the same way.
- Cut sandwiches in 2 and sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve warm.
Yummy! I used challah and cut down the recipe for one since it was only for me, and if I had made the whole amount I would now be ill from eatting the whole amount! Delicious! This is a quick and easy treat that is decadent and definitely a chocolate lovers delight! Made for the Best of 2012 tag.
Wow, this was delicious, especially on sourdough! I used less butter and cooked them on medium on the first side and medium low on the second side to get them brown. The brown crunchiness of the bread is so perfect with the chocolate-y center. These are stellar as is, but I also made them with the addition of banana or marshmallow and those were fantastic too. A definite new favorite!
Yum! Definitely a new favorite! It's just so simple but tastes so decadent. I used potato bread since that is all I had on hand. I was skeptical of the combo but it was delicious. Will be making again! Made for Holiday tag.