Recipe by Boomette
A yummy treat for breakfast or dessert. So simple. From Coup de Pouce
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Yummy! I used challah and cut down the recipe for one since it was only for me, and if I had made the whole amount I would now be ill from eatting the whole amount! Delicious! This is a quick and easy treat that is decadent and definitely a chocolate lovers delight! Made for the Best of 2012 tag.
- 4 -6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 slices bread, thick
- icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush butter on one side of the slices of bread. On a work surface, put 4 slices of bread, buttered-side down, and sprinkle with chocolate up to 1/4 inch from the crust. Cover with remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up.
- In a large striped pan or non-stick skillet, cook sandwiches at medium-low heat, 2 at the same time, 6 to 8 minutes or until chocolate has melted and the bread is golden (press them with a spatula and flip at mid-cooking). Cook remaining sandwiches the same way.
- Cut sandwiches in 2 and sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve warm.