Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This hot treat is quick and easy to make! You can also do a spin off and make Smores Panini's, using ginger bread and adding marshmallow. Kids will love this because they don't have to be out around a fire to make them.
- 2 slices ciabatta or 2 slices French bread
- 1 ounce premium bittersweet chocolate or 1 ounce milk chocolate
- The amount of chocolate used varies depending upon the type of bread you use. The idea is to cover one piece of bread with about 3/8 inch of chocolate.
- Place chocolate on one slice of bread, arranging evenly and up to 1/2 inch from all edges to allow space for chocolate to melt. Cover with the other slice of bread. Toast on a panini grill, or in a 500° F oven for 5 minutes on each side. Use tongs to turn the panini to avoid being burned by very hot chocolate drips. Remove from oven when both sides are lightly toasted and chocolate melts. Cool briefly before serving.
- Warning — the chocolate will be very hot when the panini comes out of the oven. Resist the temptation to bite into it right away! Be sure to cool it a little while. It will be worth the wait.
I can see this becoming my "go to" sweet treat! I just used plain sandwich bread and Hershey's milk chocolate (along with a few mini marshmallows) and it was outstanding! I grilled it on my george foreman until the bread was lightly toasted. I used 3 "squares" of the giant sized Hershey's bar. I bet it would be to die for if I used some really good bread and chocolate. Thanks for the recipe!