Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Breakfast for chocolate lovers
Make and share this Chocolate Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Melt the chocolate and 8 Tbsp butter in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until well mixed. Whisk in the melted chocolate and butter. Sift the flour over the top and fold it inches.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter over low heat in a large nonstick sauté pan. Drop a heaping Tbsp of batter into the pan and cook for 2 minutes, then turn and cook on the other side. Transfer the pancake to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more butter to the pan as necessary.