Recipe by Sherrybeth
From my friends at one of the local bed and breakfasts. They sell it by the loaf!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup miniature chocolate chip (semisweet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter in mixing bowl.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, cocoa, soda, salt, and cinnamon; sift together.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture, and blend well.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir in sour cream, walnuts, and chocolate morsels.
- Spoon batter into two greased and floured 7-1/2 x 3 x 2-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans. and cool completely on a wire rack.