Recipe by Captain_67
My wife said "More Chocolate" and that's what she got! Moist, rich & very chocolaty.
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 9x9-inch square baking pan . Melt butter and 8oz of chocolate in a double-boiler and stir in olive oil gently until smooth and shiny. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Sift flour, cocoa and salt into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until combined.
- Slowly add chocolate mixture to eggs a little at a time so you don’t cook the eggs and continue to whisk until combined.
- Gradually add flour and mix to combine.
- Add remaining 4oz of chocolate chips and combine.
- Transfer batter to baking pan and bake for 40 minutes. When done, let cool for 20 minutes, remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Best when cool but if you can’t wait, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.