Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Peanut butter, orange, chocolate, and cream. Makes servings for a large gathering of 20 or one very hungry peanut butter chocolate nut.
Top Review by rosslare
There is a lot going on in here, a chocolate oreo pate with a peanut butter filling and orange sauce and cream to top it all with. I omitted the orange sauce and cream, it felt like OTT. The pate was fantastic, like a fancy buckeye with crunchy oreos.
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (optional)
- 2 lbs semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Oreo cookie crumbs
- 5 cups oranges, sauce
- Oreo cookie crumbs, garnish
- whipped cream, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixer, combine the peanut butter and the condensed milk and mix until smooth. Fill a pastry bag with a medium straight tube. Set aside.
- In large saucepan, combine the heavy cream, sugar, butter and instant coffee. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in the chocolate. Dissolve it completely. Cook and stir in the 1/2 pound crumbs.
- Pour 1/4 of mix into two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans that you lined with plastic wrap. Pipe the peanut mix down the center of each pate and cover with remaining chocolate mix. Freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and cut 1/2 inch slice for each portion. Top with one ounce of orange sauce.
- NOTE: the cooking time is freeze time.