1/1 Photo of Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Cake Roll
Super San Mateo Chefs's Note:
Fantastic presentation and tastes equally fabulous! Great for parties or kids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease and lightly flour a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- 2Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package instructions.
- 3Pour chocolate mixture evenly into jelly roll pan.
- 4Spread out a kitchen towel and sprinkle it lightly with powdered sugar.
- 5Bake for 12 -15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- 6Remove cake from oven and immediately loosen edges of cake and turn it over into the towel.
- 7Roll the cake up from short end to short end within the towel, jelly roll style.
- 8Cool on wire rack until completely cool. This could take up to one hour.
- 9Place 14 Oreo cookies into a zip lock bag. Crush the cookies using a roller pin or meat mallet.
- 10Unroll cake. Spread the softened ice cream. Top with crushed cookie topping.
- 11Carefully roll cake back up (without the towel) and transfer onto plate or serving tray.
- 12Place cake into freezer and store for at least 2 hours.
- 13To serve, garnish the top of the cake with powdered sugar and line the sides with remaining whole Oreo cookies.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream Cake Roll
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.0
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 488.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g