Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fantastic presentation and tastes equally fabulous! Great for parties or kids.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, as garnish
- Grease and lightly flour a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package instructions.
- Pour chocolate mixture evenly into jelly roll pan.
- Spread out a kitchen towel and sprinkle it lightly with powdered sugar.
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Remove cake from oven and immediately loosen edges of cake and turn it over into the towel.
- Roll the cake up from short end to short end within the towel, jelly roll style.
- Cool on wire rack until completely cool. This could take up to one hour.
- Place 14 Oreo cookies into a zip lock bag. Crush the cookies using a roller pin or meat mallet.
- Unroll cake. Spread the softened ice cream. Top with crushed cookie topping.
- Carefully roll cake back up (without the towel) and transfer onto plate or serving tray.
- Place cake into freezer and store for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, garnish the top of the cake with powdered sugar and line the sides with remaining whole Oreo cookies.
Looks delicious, can't wait to try it!!