1 hr 5 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
Me and the gals love Oreo cookies. Between us, we can eat a package in about 20 min. So, for a get-together, I came up with this for my part of the meal (we eat together every time we get together!) This big ole "cookie" is easy and inexpensive enough to make any old night of the week and appears elegant enough to be the Grande Finale of a birthday meal. Beware dieters, weight watchers, diabetics, and health food eaters, this is NOT FOR YOU...unless you just wanna splurge a bit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box betty crocker devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed if frozen
- 12 Oreo cookies or 12 other chocolate sandwich style cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chocolate frosting (from a can is fine)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare the cake mix with the oil, water, and eggs. Bake in two 9-in cake pans per directions on the box.
- 3While cake is baking, cream the sugar and softened cream cheese together until fluffy. Fold in the cool whip and crushed cookies. Set aside.
- 4Cool cakes completely.
- 5To assemble, place one cake, top side down, on the plate. Spread cream cheese "middle" on the top. Top the middle with the second cake, top side down. Place the one cup of chocolate frosting in the microwave just long enough to soften to make it easier to spread. Let cool just a second if too runny. Spread on the top of the cake, but not the sides.
- 6NOTE: You can omit the crushed cookies if you don't have them on hand. Then the cake itself becomes as a true oreo cookie. YUM!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Oreo Cake
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.9
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 423.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g