About an hour before we were to leave for our New Year's Eve get-together with some friends, I assembled the candy tray I was taking. It was only after I'd put in the Panocha Walnuts, Cinnamon Spiced Almonds and the White Chocolate-Cranberry-Pecan Bark, that my daughter pointed out there was one more empty "hole" on the tray. Yikes! I'd only made three items. My mind racing - knowing I still needed a shower and had a ton of stuff to do, I found a dozen Oreo cookies, some milk chocolate and white chocolate. Eureka! A recipe is born! Oh, and everyone kept coming back to grab bits of this - and it was the only item on my candy tray that disappeared completely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -15 oreo cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, carefully broken into quarters
- 12 ounces milk chocolate
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 1Melt the milk chocolate in a double boiler, stirring until smooth.
- 2Drop in the broken cookies, and stir VERY gently to coat the cookies well.
- 3(If you prefer, melt in your microwave oven, but you'll have to find those directions elsewhere.) Spread out on a foil-covered cookie sheet, keeping the mass together, but trying your best to keep the cookies from being on top of one another.
- 4Try not to let the chocolate be too thick in any one spot, or it will be difficult to break up when cool.
- 5Melt the white chocolate, then drizzle& glop it on top of the milk chocolate& cookies, using it to fill in where there may be a thin spot.
- 6Let cool& harden, then break into approximately bite-sized pieces.
- 7To cool this quickly, you can put the tray in your refrigerator or freezer for a short time, or if the tray is too large for that, or if you never have room in your fridge/freezer, try this trick: I take a couple of ice packs (the soft, squishy kind for boo-boos) out of my freezer, where we always keep them, and stick them under the tray.
- 8The chocolate will cool& harden a lot quicker than if you left it on the counter.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Oreo Bark
Serving Size: 1 (919 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2197.0
- Calories from Fat 1070
- Total Fat 118.9 g
- Saturated Fat 57.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 667.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 259.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 216.2 g
- Protein 28.2 g