Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A dense chocolate pudding. Serve with whipped cream.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat milk in saucepan to a simmer.
- Blend sugar, liqueur, egg, and chocolate chips in blender for 30 seconds.
- With blender on, add hot milk and blend one minute.
- (Hot milk will"cook" the egg).
- Pour into individual serving cups.
- Chill and top with whipped cream.
- Can substitute other flavored liqueurs like hazelnut, amaretto or coffee.
My end result was fabulous but I did have to thicken it with a little cornstarch as I wanted to pour it into tart cases. It was so good though !!!
Mmmmm....delicious! Just made this and snuck a little taste before putting the rest in the fridge to serve later. Rich and chocolatey, nice texture (not quite as dense as the description suggests), with a nice hint of orange. Very easy to make, too, and great directions. I like the quantity that this makes - perfect for a one-shot dessert for my family. Leftovers would be a dangerous thing to have around! ;-)