This is a slightly altered version of a recipe I got directly off of the Betty Crocker Cake Mix box. It can be made with other brand cake mixes, but the water, oil and egg amounts need to be altered to suit whatever cake mix you are using. This is a quick, easy and quite pretty cake. Great for taking to pot lucks, just remember if you put the glaze on it to keep it cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake mix, water, oil, eggs, and orange extract until well blended.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan or bundt pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Turn cake onto platter and allow to cool completely.
- When cool, frost with ready to spread frosting.
- Optional glaze.
- Heat whipping cream in 1 qt.
- saucepan over medium heat until hot (do not boil).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over top of cake slowly, allowing to drizzle down the edges.
- If the optional glaze is used, refrigerate for 1 hour before serving, to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Keep refrigerated.