1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Orange Truffle Cake
This is a slightly altered version of a recipe I got directly off of the Betty Crocker Cake Mix box. It can be made with other brand cake mixes, but the water, oil and egg amounts need to be altered to suit whatever cake mix you are using. This is a quick, easy and quite pretty cake. Great for taking to pot lucks, just remember if you put the glaze on it to keep it cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package betty crocker supermoist chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure orange extract
- 1 container betty crocker rich and creamy ready to spread chocolate frosting
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Mix cake mix, water, oil, eggs, and orange extract until well blended.
- 3Pour into greased and floured tube pan or bundt pan.
- 4Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- 5Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
- 6Turn cake onto platter and allow to cool completely.
- 7When cool, frost with ready to spread frosting.
- 8Optional glaze.
- 9Heat whipping cream in 1 qt.
- 10saucepan over medium heat until hot (do not boil).
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Stir in chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- 13Drizzle over top of cake slowly, allowing to drizzle down the edges.
- 14If the optional glaze is used, refrigerate for 1 hour before serving, to allow the chocolate to harden.
- 15Keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Orange Truffle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4121.6
- Calories from Fat 2335
- Total Fat 259.5 g
- Saturated Fat 69.0 g
- Cholesterol 666.5 mg
- Sodium 4585.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 440.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.5 g
- Sugars 248.1 g
- Protein 54.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: