Prep 13 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a super yummy, dense, rich, chocolate cake (it is almost like fudge). Although it is awesome just as a slice I think it is perfect with ice cream! It reminds me of the fudge chunks you get in high end ice creams. There is a very mild orange taste that could easily be changed if it's not your thing. Add your favorite topping (whip cream, coulis, whatever!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 6 eggs
- Line bottom of 9 inch spring form pan with wax paper and set aside.
- In top of double boiler over hot water, melt together butter, chocolate, sugar and orange juice. Stir to blend. Remove from heat and stir in orange liqueur. Let cool.
- Mix in eggs 1 at a time. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until edge is slightly crusty and middle is just set. Let cool on rack. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.