Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
A taste sensation of chocolate and orange to melt in your mouth. Beautiful and elegant.
Make and share this Chocolate-Orange Tart with Almond Crust recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted blanched almonds
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur or 2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- whipped cream (optional)
- candied orange peel (optional)
- Combine almonds and brown sugar in a food processor or blender container.
- Process or blend nut mixture one-third at a time until nuts are finely ground.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in flour.
- Add melted butter.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and 1 inch up the side of a 9 inch tart pan with removeable bottom or a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake ina 325 degree oven about 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Cool crust on a wire rack.
- While crust is cooling, bring whipping cream just to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in chocolate until smooth.
- Whisk in liqueur or brandy if desired.
- Cool for 30 minutes or until filling begins to thicken but is still pourable.
- Spread marmalade onto bottom of crust.
- Pour filling over marmalade.
- Cover and chill for several hours or until filling is firm.
- Before serving, remove side of pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream and candied orange peel curls.