1 hr 10 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
A taste sensation of chocolate and orange to melt in your mouth. Beautiful and elegant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups toasted blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur or 2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- whipped cream (optional)
- candied orange peel (optional)
- 1Combine almonds and brown sugar in a food processor or blender container.
- 2Process or blend nut mixture one-third at a time until nuts are finely ground.
- 3Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- 4Stir in flour.
- 5Add melted butter.
- 6Stir until well mixed.
- 7Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and 1 inch up the side of a 9 inch tart pan with removeable bottom or a 9 inch springform pan.
- 8Bake ina 325 degree oven about 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- 9Cool crust on a wire rack.
- 10While crust is cooling, bring whipping cream just to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Whisk in chocolate until smooth.
- 13Whisk in liqueur or brandy if desired.
- 14Cool for 30 minutes or until filling begins to thicken but is still pourable.
- 15Spread marmalade onto bottom of crust.
- 16Pour filling over marmalade.
- 17Cover and chill for several hours or until filling is firm.
- 18Before serving, remove side of pan.
- 19Garnish with whipped cream and candied orange peel curls.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Orange Tart with Almond Crust
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.1
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 66.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: