1/1 Photo of Chocolate Orange Swirl Cake With Yummy Orange Glaze
1 hr 15 mins
After going through many recipes and trials I finally came up with this decadant cake recipe. It really is easy to make. If you are fond of chocolate and orange flavors mixed together, then you should try this and see if your tastebuds call out for more! If you prefer, you may opt to use Triple Sec in place of orange juice for the glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh is best)
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated orange zest
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2In a large mixing bowl, dump cake mix, jello, orange juice, oil, unbeaten eggs, and orange zest.
- 3Beat on low speed 1 minute, then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 4Pour 2/3's of the batter into a well greased and floured bundt pan.
- 5Spoon the chocolate mixture scattered over the top of the orange batter.
- 6Take a spatula to cut through and make the swirls.
- 7Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- 8Chocolate Batter:.
- 9In a small bowl, first add the 2 tablespoons warm water to the 1 Tbsp.sugar; then add that along with the 1/4 teaspoons baking soda to the 2oz. melted chocolate Stir to mix well.
- 10Add chocolate mixture to the remaining 1/3 orange cake batter and mix together with spoon until all is well blended.
- 11Follow directions above to add to the bundt pan and orange batter.
- 12Orange Glaze:.
- 13Whisk the powdered sugar, orange juice, and fresh zest together in a small bowl. Set aside and wait for cake to bake.
- 14* When cake is done, be sure to cool on a wire rack about 8-10 minutes before turning cake out of the pan into your cake plate.
- 15Right away, prick the cake on the top and all around the side with a toothpick or a fork.
- 16Slowly, pour the yummy orange glaze over the cake.
- 17Do not cut the cake until it is completely cooled. It is really best if you can wait until the next day to cut it. But who can do that? It's the same thing as when you make a cheesecake -- that first taste is so much better when you wait a day!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Orange Swirl Cake With Yummy Orange Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 366.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 37.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened dark chocolate