Top Review by WackyWendyWoo
Supreme is an understatement! This cheesecake makes your eyes roll into the back of your head and you hold your breath as you savor every moment of each single bite! I entered this in a dessert competition at work and won. I sort of goofed on two things- I added the gran marnier and orange rind throughout and added chocolate throughout. I then added an extra half cup of choc. for the 1st layer. Still- heavenly!
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs, cinnamon and margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream and vanilla.
- Blend chocolate into 3 cups batter; blend liqueur and peel into remaining batter.
- Pour chocolate batter over crust.
- Bate at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Spoon remaining batter over chocolate batter continue baking 30 minutes more.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.